Saturday, February 02, 2008

Super Saturday and counting...

Chris and I went to dinner last night with Tim and Leslie Wells. We left the restaurant thinking 2 hours had gone by when it was really 3 1/2. We had so much fun and laughed so hard the time just flew. Leslie and I talked about how returning to work while kids are still at home is a major adjustment. And what usually ends up getting affected are friendships. I suppose that's better than the kids getting neglected, but I don't want that to happen any longer now that I have more time.

I read a really interesting article in the Tulsa World today that gave me such hope. Booker T black male students have begun a group called Men of Power and they're speaking at KIPP and mentoring students. THAT should be broadly publicized. KIPP schools are another hopeful thing. I had the privilege of working with the staff a couple of years ago - they have an amazing vision.

And another interesting article on the Clintons vs. Obama. This Tuesday will be fun, especially since OK is one of the Super Tuesday states.

No comments: