Saturday, February 09, 2008

The First Week of Lent



On Theresa's blog she mentioned that Sarah called to wish me a "Happy Ash Wednesday". I love that. I think she's the one who, when a friend asked her what her favorite holiday was answered "Good Friday".

I know why. It's the richness, the depth, the beauty of the liturgy. Again, as Theresa said, this year she "entering into the liturgical rhythm of the church" as Lent begins.

Already it's been such a blessing for me. It's there for us all - a deeper connection to God, a richer understanding of our mortality, a humility that comes from his gentle conviction (when we expected harsh condemnation) - all we have to do is enter into the quieter, more relective "rhythm".

1 comment:

T said...

a humility that comes from his gentle conviction (when we expected harsh condemnation) - that's beautiful.