Sunday, February 24, 2008

Flamingos on their Heads


This is a picture of the wonderful guy who lives in the Tulsa area who was rumored to show up at our 100 year celebration party for my employer Williams. And. Well. It was a rumor.

He tends to do cool things like that so the rumor wasn't a crazy one. What was sad was the really wonderful party that was put on, but some of us were disappointed who had heard the rumor! They had it on the first two floors of our building...
which I wasn't really thrilled about until they started setting up for it and everyone started buzzing (that's probably where the rumor started). Then we got there and the number 100 was lit up with window lights on the building, there were search lights, and the two floors were transformed into a lovely entertainment area with food and drink stations throughout, a karaoke game, live non-Garth music, people walking around with flamingos on their heads (you had to be there). We had a great time. And because people were walking around the whole time rather than sitting together at large tables, Chris ended up meeting everyone I work with.

Yesterday we spent part of the day at the Holland Hall book fair - wow was that a good time! 1000's of books. Then we came home and read in front of the fire :) Last night we tried to go see No Country for Old Men but the projector was broken at the theater so we came home instead and we're going this afternoon. I want to see it before the Oscars tonight so I know more about it. I love the Oscars. I think the only time I've missed it in over 35 years is when The Passion was snubbed and I boycotted (I bet they missed me too!).

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds wonderful mom, reading by the fire, flamingos on top of you laughing head, books galore...sigh

Jane said...

You have books galore too, don't you sweetie!? Thus the sigh.

Love you!

Lisa said...

Sounds very nice Jane! What are the names of some of the books you bought? Books are a big weakness for me..........I love them

Jane said...

2 books by Willa Cather. Laura Bush recommended them in an article I read an eon ago. Also a book about traveling in Central America for when we go see Lizzie