Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mary and Vegetarian Vampires

Mary's home. Last night we ate pizza and watched the OU football game (which was won handily by the Sooners). Today we went to church, then to TGIF's for lunch, then the three of us were going to go to the movie Twilight, but it was sold out. So Chris dropped Mary and I at Barnes and Noble til the next movie. That was fun - browsing the books til 4, then we went to the movie. It's good Chris didn't go because it was definitely a chick flick (with dark action). I wasn't a big fan of these books and movies for young teens until I heard that the books were written by a Mormon mom. The good vampires are "vegetarians" (they don't devour humans) and the teen couple can only go so far physically so that he doesn't, well, let's just say it takes a lot of discipline to be a vegetarian. It's a neat way to show a pure, selfless love.

I'm on vacation at work - even though I'm showing up for 3 days this week, I'm on vacation mode because lots of folks are off and no meetings are scheduled. Sarah said I should take a Pina Colada with me. Instead I took my little fuzzy pipe cleaner man-on-a-lawn-chair that I made during a very boring day-long meeting a few years ago. I'll post a picture if I can.

Sorry about the comments not being on the last post - hopefully they'll show up this time.

Love y'all!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I had my Journey group with my 8th grade girls and when we had snacks that's all they could talk about......that movie! Did you like it? I'm thinking of taking my niece Katie......I guess it's like the Harry Potter books in that it's getting girls to read that don't normally like to read........do guys like it as well???????

Lisa said...

I had my Journey group with my 8th grade girls and when we had snacks that's all they could talk about......that movie! Did you like it? I'm thinking of taking my niece Katie......I guess it's like the Harry Potter books in that it's getting girls to read that don't normally like to read........do guys like it as well???????

Pursued by Truth said...

Vampires? I'm there!

mesc said...

Thursday night at Midnight - a school night no less - Joanna and Sheala went to the movies. They had so much fun - and Joanna said Sheala had a huge grin on her face during the whole movie. The next day she had to go to school AND have cheerleading tryouts - she will find out on Tuesday if she made the team. She will NEVER forget going to that movie with her Mom.

Jane said...

Mary Ellen Shea Clifford - what are you doing up at 11 PM????