Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Colorado Meanderings

I'm sitting in the Grand Junction Colorado airport waiting for my flight home. Unfortunately, I've missed a whole day of Mary being home for Fall Break (finally a child who goes to college close enough to return home for visits!!!!). But she and I are going to go to Shades of Brown when I arrive in Tulsa to get some coffee and catch up on things.

The ride to the airport was gorgeous. Some mountains can be described as majestic. The mountains here are more cozy - they're rolling hills that look like they're covered with different colored and textured fabrics.

We have an hour to wait and I'm trying not to listen to every minute detail being blared on the TV about a student who shot teachers and students in Cleveland. I listened long enough to know no one died, but I feel bad when I ignore things like that. Why? I guess because if I ignore it, that means it's become common place. And it has, hasn't it?

Love you guys (uhhh, those I know, anyway)!!

2 comments:

mesc said...

Jane - I didn't know you had a blog - It was fun reading everything - does it take a lot of time to set one up? Time is something I really don't have much of but I think a blog might be fun.

I just sent Lizzie a post - have you talked with her lately? Thank goodness for cell phones that work in the middle of the road!

It is 3:00 in the morning and I got up to wrap beads and I've been reading for a half hour!

Lots of love - ME

Jane said...

Hello sweet sister!

It's REALLY easy to set up a blog - just click on "create blog" when you're on someone else's.

Thanks for posting Lizzie. No, haven't heard from her, but I did see that she called twice the other day - when that happens I feel like I may have to be committed. I can just imagine her in the one spot in the middle of the road that gets reception, trying to get hold of her mom... Love you!