Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day


It's been a beautiful day already. I'm blessed to have two of mine at home today (Sarah and Liz) - both of whom were cleaning the house and singing when I came downstairs! Then we sat and talked and talked - Sarah talking about how much she missed the beauty, pace, and community she found in Mexico - Liz remembering the same in Honduras and talking about how she intends to return there this summer to show them all how much she continues to love them. Then they went out shopping and I sit here browsing and blogging. They just returned with bagel sandwiches and ingredients for a Happy Mother's Day cake.

You know, we can so easily take motherhood for granted because there are so many mothers in the world. The very fact that I was able to have children and then was abundantly blessed with five and then that they are five of the people I would most like to share a deserted island with! From the bottom of my heart, Lord, thank you!!

No comments: