Friday, August 21, 2009

Literacy


I don't think this is any special day in the life of my dear Mom (it is 4 days away from her sister's birthday though!) - but I finally did it. I volunteered to be an adult literacy tutor in her memory. She volunteered in that way and so will I. I'm so excited. (Love you, Mom!)

(I decided, on a whim, to search for mom on Google. And I found Mary Ellen's St.Mary's Reunion website! And there was this picture, taken in 1962 when I was seven and she was serving on the Home and School committee. I don't have to point her out - everyone is looking her way!)

3 comments:

Jim Shea said...

That must be Patsy Novak (2nd from left.) It is amazing what you find when you google people.
Jim

mesc said...

Wow - I'm so proud of you Sister, dear. What a wonderful thing to do in Mom's memory. You are amazing.

Jane said...

I think that is Patsy, Jim!