Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama and the Peace Corps

During the short time I had at my desk today, I've been trying to get some time to watch the Inaugural activities. It's amazing to watch the impact on African Americans. No matter how I feel about the election, it is a historic leap in the right direction in the area of race relations.

Anyway, I've only been able to look at the livestream about 4 or 5 times for seconds at a time. And one of those times I saw the Peace Corps alums! I took a screen shot. How cool is that, Elizabeth???

2 comments:

T said...

One of the things I like about Obama's policies is that he wants to expand the Peace Corps - http://www.barackobama.com/issues/service/

Today was a very ambivalent day for me too - what a beautiful step forward for African Americans.

But I wish it did not have to be at the cost of the unborn - the Freedom of Choice Act vote is right around the corner, a good thing for all of us to keep in our prayers as well as our new president.

Lisa said...

Jane good for you for finding some positive things.