Thursday, September 13, 2007

God in Las Vegas

Who would've thunk it? The time here has been amazing. The highlight so far has been spending a fortune (at least to this cheapie) to go see Love - the Cirque de Soleil show based on Beatles songs. It was created by the founder of the Cirques who was a friend of George. It was fully supported by Paul, Ringo, Yoko and George's wife so I figured it would be well done.

What an absolute amazing show. Beauty, joy, right-in-the-center-of-it-all experience, wonderful memories, whimsy, innocence, love. When we walked out Ginger said she didn't mean to be sacrilegious, but she felt the same way she did when we left the monastery after our weekend visit. I fully understood - when art reaches a pinnacle it touches God. The experience was truly transcendent. Then to top it all off, as folks left the theater we all started singing spontaneously along to the "Get Back" song on the speaker.

I never thought I would say I was glad I came to Las Vegas!

See a snippet of it here.

No comments: